- Safe and consistent learning and living environment.
- Positive parental/adult role models.
- Quality range of learning experiences appropriate to their needs.
- Clinical support and oversight.
If our pupils experience these principles, we believe they will achieve the following outcomes:-
- Build a positive sense of self.
- Develop positive and trusting relationships.
- Develop more effective coping strategies.
- Achieve relevant and worthwhile skills and qualifications.
Our approach also includes a comprehensive wellbeing curriculum designed to promote pupils’ social emotional and health needs. Our wellbeing curriculum involves a multi-level approach which includes regular assessments and evaluations of a pupil’s social and emotional development, along with a range of whole school approaches, which include:-
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI)
- Nurture Groups
- Student Assistance Programme (SAP)
- Personal, social & health education and drama based workshops.
- Consultant Clinical Psychologists who provides clinical oversight and guidance to staff.