Keeping our children and young people safe and providing them with the support they need to make healthy decisions is a central part of our work. We do the following to ensure our children and young people are safe:-
- Provide high levels of safeguarding and child protection training, which is a regular and ongoing part of learning and development for all our staff.
- We ensure our practice is in line with the All Wales Child Protection Procedures (2008).
- Rigorous and robust safeguarding and child protection policies.
- Regular and systematic evaluation and audits of practice.
- Co-regulation strategies such as Life Space interviews (part of the TCI programme) which help children and young people reflect on their risky behaviour and experiences and replace them with healthy coping strategies.
- Providing specific interventions, such as the Brooks traffic light system, which teaches children and young people about healthy and appropriate sexual relationships.